Come and join us!!
The best place to play Lawn Bowls in the Monmouth area
Monmouth Bowls Club is looking for new players of all ages. The club welcomes total novices or experienced players.
What better way to get a bit of exercise, play a competitive game and socialise in our own cheap bar afterwards!
1. Playing bowls is very doable. Whatever your physique, bowls is a sport for everybody and it will help improve your fitness levels and mental wellbeing. Age is no barrier to playing bowls we welcome younger players as with every sport they are the future. There is a misconception that Lawn Bowls is for old people, did you know the average age of the World Men’s Quarter finalists in 2022 was 46 and for the Ladies semi-finals the average age was 39. In the 2023 Open final the two finalists were 31 and 26!
2. Bowls is not expensive. To get going you don’t need lots of new kit and we put on taster sessions for free. Even when you get the bug, a set of bowls can be bought for as little as £30 on ebay and joining Monmouth Bowls club is free for the first year and then only £55.00 per annum thereafter.
3. Did you know, after football, Lawn bowls has the second highest number of clubs in the country.
4. Compared to most sports, age and gender differences have less of an effect on a game of bowls, so it’s a perfect sport to spend time and enjoy a bit of friendly competition. Men and women can play on an equal footing so many couples enjoy the game together.
5. Bowls clubs are sociable places full of people looking to have fun, so bowls is a great way to relax, make new friends and feel part of your local community, and we have a cheap bar!
6. Never played before? Not to worry we have willing members that can teach you in an informal setting and even some qualified coaches. In a very short time you could even be playing for the club in one of the three leagues we enter, if that is you would enjoy a little competition.
Lawn Bowls Monmouth
Just contact us and we can arrange an informal taster session at our green in Monmouth, we can supply some bowls all you need is flat shoes, a sense of fun and a little competitive spirit.